Thursday, March 27, 2008

Europe at last!

When I was 18, I had wished I were brave enough to head out of Stoneham and travel. But alas I had no friends that had ever mentioned traveling and I put the idea of "backpacking through Europe" aside. It has often crossed my mind and I wished that I had traveled some before I married. During one of my trips back to a reunion in Stoneham, I traveled with a friend from elementary school who also lives in NH. To my surprise, she had traveled to England and lived there for 12 years !!!! Oh how I was so jealous that she had been brave and encouraged and followed through. She had wonderful tales.
Now, it is my turn to have a visit to Europe. I will be off next week for TWO weeks to Switzerland!
Off to visit my baby girl and her hubby in Zurich. I am looking forward to it so much. I don't really know what to expect except mountains, snow and adventures with my family in Zurich.
Sounds very strange, my family in Zurich. I have family all over the USA but never anywhere else. I am excited that Kristen lives there with her Mark and will explore the world as even she never has before. She has traveled but never lived in Europe. So far so good. Kristen has such a wonderful way with people, she is meeting friends through the ExPats. I am sure when I am visiting that I will be able to watch all of this first hand. Kristen said she has plans and adventures planned. Whatever I will be doing will be great and happy and fulfilling for me as I will be finally getting to Europe and seeing my baby girl Kristen in her new surroundings with her husband, Mark who has taken his new attorney position with Zurich Financial where he seems to be very happy and content. Oh, what a wonderful life they have. I hope they live each day to the fullest.
Wish we luck and a safe trip.

No comments: